Full course description
In an increasingly competitive global business environment, companies in all industries are striving for an edge and working to differentiate themselves in the marketplace. In a world where “strategy” seems ubiquitous, how do you find your niche to truly differentiate?
Strategic Management is designed to teach you how to evaluate, develop, and execute a successful business strategy that you can implement inside and outside the organization. World-renowned management professors Harbir Singh and Nicolaj Siggelkow introduce tools and frameworks that can be put to immediate use in planning and execution. By the end of this course, you will be able to articulate your strategy, why it works, and how it will help meet your organization’s financial and marketing goals.
- The Firm and the Industry
- Industry Analysis and Competitive Dynamics
- Corporate Strategy and Firm Scope
- Firms in a Context
Participants will learn how to:
- Create a value chain
- Position yourself in the market
- Perform network and industry analyses
- Create strategic leadership and vision
- Optimize outsourcing, acquisitions, and alliances