Full course description
All students enrolled in a Wharton Summer High School online course are granted access to the 9-week Wharton GYM (Global Youth Meetup), an extracurricular programming platform allowing students to connect with Wharton before, during and after their summer online courses.
The Wharton GYM provides a combination of live and independent programming and is designed around the goal of further introducing Wharton to high school students.
- Live panels with Wharton and Penn undergrads to gain insights into the Penn campus experience, applying to colleges, academic and internship opportunities, and finding your passion
- 9-week Summer Stock Market Challenge based on the Wharton Global Youth High School Investment Competition, designed to introduce the intricacies of investing-from the concepts and analysis to the practical application of trading via a virtual investment simulator
- Discussions with notable Wharton alumni about career paths and professional opportunities
- Introductions to Wharton research centers to learn about cutting-edge research and innovation stemming from the Wharton School
- Presentations by Penn’s cultural houses and student organizations to fully immerse yourself in the extended campus community
- Live, focused workshops to analyze case studies, play Wharton simulations and more
- Opportunities to compete with and against global peers to earn badges through bi-weekly business-themed individual and team challenges
- Weekly meetings of like-minded students to discuss and analyze specific topics like innovation and design, world finance, non-profits, and data analytics
- Access to Wharton Global Youth articles, podcasts and other business and finance-related content
- Networking opportunities to connect with high school students from around the world and start building a global peer network